[extropy-chat] A Challenge For Cold Dark

randy cryofan at mylinuxisp.com
Fri Jan 9 21:16:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 13:10:12 -0600, you wrote

>Even a few years ago the Hubble was showing old galaxies
>at the furthest observable reaches.  The latest observations
>show more of the same.  A 13.7 billion year old universe with
>old galaxies from the very start.  Even this article is being
>very generous in not questioning how the clusters of old
>galaxies fit into the Big Bang model.
>
>Astronomers See Era Of Rapid Galaxy Formation;
>New Findings Pose A Challenge For Cold Dark
>Matter Theory

Isn't clear by now that we really do not understand what the universe
is, and that we should just assume that it is eternal, everlasting,
whatever.  That way we don't hamstring ourselves when it comes to
dealing with issues involving possible future long term life
extension.....