[extropy-chat] Moon news

Kevin Freels kevinfreels at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:39:11 UTC 2004

I think that a permanent presence would be extremely valuable for anything,
regardless of whether or not MNT comes along soon. To simply have a place
with  lots of people and industry that's not buried in a deep gravity well
like Earth would increase our abilities more than I can even guess.
If you could start small and bring asteroids to the moon for processing, it
could grow just as rapidly as the US did. It would be even more useful if we
came to learn that it is easier to manufacture MNT self-replicators in low
or zero g. (I don't know if this would make a difference, but with all the
materials research on the ISS I guess it could be possible).