[extropy-chat] Moon news

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Sat Jan 10 02:05:08 UTC 2004

Such a decision by NASA be a boon to other agencies like ESA.  They can
then push for funding to do the missions NASA would no longer be interested
in.  Perhaps a lot less duplication of effort, and more cross-agency
collaborations eg. ESA and China or India.

Then there's the scenario of having NASA run a moonbase on which a high
tech lab can study samples dropped off by various unmanned ESA probes
"patrolling" the galaxy.  Who knows, with a moon refinery and foundry,
maybe it'll be Europe who mines the asteroid belt :)

James...