[extropy-chat] Re: Moon news

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Sat Jan 10 04:37:49 UTC 2004

These two articles have more information than has appeared elsewhere.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040108-111922-8569r.htm

Has a pretty detailed account of what's afoot.  I found it quite a
shocker.  There are clearly major players in the Administration who
approach problems de novo, decide what ought to be, and then figure out how
to get there.  They don't always win and they aren't always right but it's
a pleasure to see bright, creative minds at work.  (Competency is always
refreshing, regardless of whether I approve of what it's applied to.)

http://www.floridatoday.com/news/space/stories/2004a/010904bush.htm

>The announcement would come on the heels of a high-level review by a
>secret White House panel, a study sped up in the wake of the Columbia
>accident. Vice President Dick Cheney was heavily involved with the panel,
>which included strong representation by the National Security Council and
>Department of Defense.

Further confirmation of the military aspects of the new plans.

-- David Lubkin.