Information channels (Was: [extropy-chat] Moon news)

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Sat Jan 10 12:29:22 UTC 2004

Spike said:
> He's baaaaack!
>
> Welcome Anders, we missed ya.

Thanks!

It is interesting to start focussing on the list again. I never
unsubscribed but just didn't check the folder very often, essentially
directing my main attention elsewhere. Going back now is like becoming
aware of an entire sensory stream I had almost forgotten I had. I wonder
how often posthumans are going to end up with that experience?
("Yestersecond I happened to highlink my biobrain, and what do you know,
it had completely changed")

It also highlights a nice problem. There is almost too much transhumanist
information these days. In the "golden days" there was this list, a few
web pages and that was it. Easy to catalogue and handle. Today we have
around ten major lists, more websites than I know of run by transhumanists
(and even more related stuff outside the core movement) and an increasing
production of essays, books and other heavy information. Finding ways of
managing all this information is an interesting challenge, since we still
have to deal with 24 hour days.

--
Anders Sandberg
http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa

The sum of human knowledge sounds nice. But I want more.