[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Sun Jan 11 01:47:36 UTC 2004

Russell Evermore wrote,
> Is war extropic or entropic? Well, I should have thought
> Einstein cleared up such questions long long ago. Is a siphon
> entropic or extropic? Obviously it depends at which side of
> the flow you happen to be looking at, the uphill side or the down.

War is not a flow of resources from the loser to the winner.  War is a
destruction of resources on both sides.  The war ends when one of the
parties' resources is destroyed beyond the point of being able to continue
the war.  After the war, there may be a flow of resources from the loser to
the winner.  But this "benefit" does not alter the fact that war is always a
net loss.  (The argument that the losses of war is intended to prevent an
even greater losses does not alter the fact that war is entropic.)

War = destruction.
Extropy = creation.
War is the opposite of Extropy.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,