[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Russell Evermore nanowave at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 12 19:54:26 UTC 2004

Mike Lorrey write regarding the Palestinians:

> And as many others get sick of telling them: you start obeying the laws
> of war, and you'll get more respect in the world.

It is immaterial what the typical Palestinian wants with regard to obeying
any laws of war (as dictated by the 'civilized' world) or garnering the
respect (of same). The civilized world must unfortunately contend with the
Palestinian Authority. To the Palestinian Authority, laws such as Sura 5:9
"slay the unbelievers wherever you find them" are likely to carry more
weight.

>It isn't about religion,

Of course it's not, and it's not about humans either, or brains, or hands or
bombs.

>or pro-israel bias, or US imperialism,

I agree

>its about not intentionally targeting civilians and civilian targets with
no military
> value.

Ah but when an Israeli mother's womb is seen as a biological soldier
factory, and an Israeli father is seen as a cog in the economic machinery of
a culture that needs driving into the sea, and when blowing yourself up is
seen as a good (or the only) way to level the playing field, what room is
there for talk about "military value"

>Until you do, and make it stick with the rest of your people,
> you are just a bunch of terrorists with a chip on your shoulders.

Just a bunch or terrorists to us perhaps - freedom fighters, MARTYRS, and
folk heros to many many more people then we want to think and chat about.

RE