[extropy-chat] Moon news

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Tue Jan 13 02:06:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 Artillo at comcast.net wrote:

> GRRRR I don't like this part of the article at all! I really don't think
> that a 'one-track mind' approach is a good idea, how about you guys?
>
> "Sources said Bush will direct NASA to scale back or scrap all existing
> programs that do not support the new effort.

Excellent.  Let the budget concentrate on projects that
generate lots of technology spin-offs.  Once the moon and
mars projects are done (or at least, once the main bulk
of these projects is there), we'll have lots of new
technology to do the scientific research with.

Yes, the scientific research is really cool; however it
doesn't do a lot to help push technology forward.

Rik