[extropy-chat] late response to Dan/Technotranscendence

rick aperick at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 13 03:29:55 UTC 2004

Voting:

One problem I have with the idea of voting is that I can always be
certain that I will be among a very small minority. Perhaps I have a
belief that the overwhelming majority of folk are massively stupid as
part of their "god-given" genetic composition. I could tell you all
where that belief comes from but you may just tell me that my personal
experiences and judgments etcetera. do not amount to conclusive
evidence. I would counter by trying to explain that my life experience
has been a bizarre one and that none of you are at all likely to have
found yourselves in a position to have witnessed what I have ...

I'd really prefer that you all just trust me on this one. We are sorely
outnumbered. If we could see the situation clearly, if the founding
fathers of the USA could have seen into the future ... well, things just
may have been a little different. Am I to be called a bigot for saying
that only the sighted should be given the responsibility of leading the
blind?