[extropy-chat] late response to Dan/Technotranscendence

Don Dartfield twodeel at jornada.org
Tue Jan 13 06:41:45 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, David Lubkin wrote:

> I would predict, for instance, that the median IQ of non-voters is
> substantially lower than that of voters.

I'm not so sure about that ... out of my eleven closest friends, spread
out across the political spectrum and across the United States and Canada,
but all of whom are pretty intelligent (i.e., none of them scored lower
than 90th percentile on college admission tests), only me and one other
guy voted in the last presidential election, and I'm the only one who
votes in local elections regularly.  A lot of my intelligent friends feel
that voting is a waste of time, or just don't care enough to vote.