[extropy-chat] late response to Dan/Technotranscendence

aperick at centurytel.net aperick at centurytel.net
Tue Jan 13 22:01:17 UTC 2004

Poor misunderstood me :) I meant to imply that the founding fathers may
have, instead, given the common man what he was asking for at that time:
some kind of King. If it is known that the peepull would get a big warm
fuzzy out of also letting the King know what they "think" via some kind of
poll, then give the proles polls. And, I dare say that if females and males
are equally qualified to vote (and I'll agree that they ARE!) then the set
of all females is a true random sample (so far as their votes are
concerned) -- therefore, disallowing females voting would have no effect on
the outcome of elections. So, where is the harm in respectfully
acknowledging the womanliness of women and the manliness of men in just one
more inconsequential duty (chore)? If all females were free of feeling
obligated by duty to spend a considerable amount of their time learning and
analyzing in preparation for the sacred act of voting they may have had time
to cure cancer and stuff already. This seems to be a clear case of good
economy, effectively facilitating more rapid technological development --
extropic?

Or, is it "being hit on the head lessons in here?" :) (hopefully my
assumption of encyclopedic Monty Python knowledge among extropes is a safe
one)

Rick Woolley: Closet nudist*, Certified Scientist Type, Confirmed
Atheist, radical thinker, notorious f__k-up, and self-proclaimed
singular authority on the abysmal depths of human stupidity that only we
few lack. Now go read books on topics that are new to you.

* Part time comedian and recovering idealist ... now show me yours :-)
http://home.centurytel.net/rickw aperick at centurytel.net