[extropy-chat] IQ/LANGUAGE: recursion

Fri Jan 16 17:59:59 UTC 2004

Robert J. Bradbury wrote,
> Puzzled monkeys reveal key language step
> New Scientist 15 Jan 04
> http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994572

This may be a crucial step, but I don't think this prevented monkeys from
developing language.  Monkeys also failed to develop previous steps,
including the physical capacity for speech, simple non-recursive sentences,
or even sign-language.  It does not surprise me that monkeys don't have the
recursive-language development because they don't have any of the
prerequisites either.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,