[extropy-chat] Bush's Schedule for NASA

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 21:44:02 UTC 2004

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> By the way, speculation that NASA is the third agency in the
> Defense/Homeland Department seems to have been confirmed.  A CNN
> report today reveals that Northwest admits it also gave passenger
> information to
> the government for data-mining to detect terrorists.  But what got my
> interest was that the information was given to NASA and NASA was
> doing the data-mining.  It appears that NASA is in charge of
> aviation safety and anti-terrorism efforts in the skies.
> They have been doing this since 9/11 and presumably will
> continue doing it.

Holy men in black, Harvey. You mean I can finally fulfill my lifes
dream to work for NASA by getting a job as a baggage screener??? ;)

> NASA is now a Homeland/Defense agency and is part of the War on
> Terrorism. It is canceling all projects to focus on a single
> mission.  That mission is based on American superiority and pre-
> emptive strikes against other countries.  We are no longer
> interested in international cooperation in space (such as the
> International Space Station which we plan to abandon to
> others).

Ah, so Blade of the Most Merciful must be behind al Qaeda.... Where oh
where is John Strang when you need him?

> All government space interests have now been diverted to military
> purposes. The great militarization of space has begun.  This may
> be the greatest threat to other space programs including any
> future transhumanist efforts.

Depends on what the purpose of NASAs actions are (I'd love to see some
documentation of this, Harvey, because otherwise you are sounding
rather paranoid here). WHY would NASA be involved in aerospace national
security? Is it that the Defense department has been determined to be
riddled by muslim spies? Is it that NASA is the least dominated by
political hacks? Be an intel analyst here and figure it out.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey