[extropy-chat] public view on healthspan VS lifespan

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 19 18:19:14 UTC 2004

As I was working away I heard a health item on TV in the background.

"If (""anti-oxidants like Vitamin E, Anti-inflammatories and
anti-oxidative stress agents and plaque antibodies"") therapies extended
the lives of alzheimer's patients by 5 years  the disease would be
reduced by 50% and if the disease was put off for 10 years alzheimer's
would be reduced by 100%"

What they meant is that other diseases would  take over as the primary
cause of death.
The way it was worded showed that it was a given that  the age of death
was considered to remain static and independant of health care
interventions.

Morris