[extropy-chat] ASTRO: Hubble fate sealed

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Mon Jan 19 18:43:19 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Amara Graps wrote:

>However, at least, ESA has confirmed the launch of Rosetta for next
>month. Let's hope that they (and NASA) don't turn Cassini off.

Hey, I designed a *very* small part of the Cassini data receiver (that
will work here on Earth, not on Saturn). If the probe will be turned off,
it's a great loss, but at least they will not find that nothing works
thanks to my errors in the design :))
Amara, is this bit about turning Cassini off just random talking, or do
you have some information? Cassini already spent billions of $$, and it
makes no sense to stop now that it's almost on target.

Ciao,
Alfio