EDU: Public Schools (Was: Re: [extropy-chat] Game theory of c ommon cold)

Emlyn O'regan oregan.emlyn at healthsolve.com.au
Tue Jan 20 00:49:08 UTC 2004

I don't know about the US, but fwiw, in Australia the private schools get
plenty of government money. So people who have kids in private school (like
me) are leaning on the public purse too, quite heavily I think. So there's
not really any room for sanctimony as regards tax & schooling for us.

OTOH, a bit of googling shows me that private school kids get less per
capita than public school kids, so maybe there's a little wiggle room :-) .

eg: this mediocre piece of journalism from The Australian:
http://theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8307023%255E13881,
00.html

Emlyn