[extropy-chat] Saving the Hubble

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 03:54:27 UTC 2004

Excellent idea.  I would think we could find a buyer for
both the telescope and the additional instruments that have
already been developed, built and paid for.

> If part of the problem is orbital decay --

We have time.  Serious action must be taken before about 09.

> The only question in my mind is whether the Ariane 5
> or the Soyuz (perhaps launched from Kourou) can reach
> the orbit the Hubble is in?  Anyone know?
>
> Robert

Ja, they sure can.  The hubble isn't that high, nor is
it in a highly inclined orbit.