[extropy-chat] JARS Call for Papers: Rand & Nietzsche

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Tue Jan 20 12:21:46 UTC 2004

JOURNAL OF AYN RAND STUDIES
CALL FOR PAPERS

A Special Symposium-in-the-Making: Ayn Rand and Friedrich Nietzsche

Despite her criticisms of Friedrich Nietzsche, even the mature Ayn Rand
recognized in him a poet who projected, emotionally, "at times ... a
magnificent feeling for man's greatness ..." Indeed, the young Ayn Rand
had learned much from Nietzsche, reflected in her early unpublished and
published works.

The aim of this forthcoming issue of THE JOURNAL OF AYN RAND STUDIES is
to trace the similarities and the differences between these thinkers in
metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, politics, and aesthetics. As a
nonpartisan journal, we welcome contributions from every perspective and
every discipline toward that end.

Proposals should be sent by 1 July 2004 by email to:
chris.sciabarra at nyu.edu  Or by mail to: Chris Matthew Sciabarra,
Visiting Scholar, NYU Department of Politics, 726 Broadway, 7th floor,
New York, New York 10003.

Completed manuscripts will be due by 1 July 2005. We do not anticipate
publication of this symposium prior to 2006, as we work through our
review process.

See http://www.aynrandstudies.com/jars/call.asp for more information on
style guidelines.
Chris Matthew Sciabarra
Visiting Scholar, NYU Department of Politics
726 Broadway, 7th floor
New York, New York 10003
Dialectics & Liberty Website:
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sciabarra
The Sciabarra "Not a Blog" (regularly updated):
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sciabarra/notablog.htm
New Monograph:  Ayn Rand, Homosexuality, and Human Liberation
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sciabarra/essays/homosexuality.htm