[extropy-chat] Meta:searching list archives

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Tue Jan 20 21:40:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Mike Lorrey wrote:

> The Javien engine does not search list archives (pre-2003 I don't think
> is even present anymore). It is impossible for us to find discussions
> more than a year ago, which is pretty sad. Suggest either lucifer gets
> fixed or we find some other means (perhaps an Atomz engine?)

Hmmm... The Javien forum definitely goes back to 1995 (though there seems
to be a gap between Oct. 1995 and July 1996 [go back to the first and next
couple of pages in the list]).  So the messages are there.  But Mike is
right that there is a problem with the search function that it only
seems to go back to December 2001.

I'll ask Dave about it and see what I can find out.

Robert