[extropy-chat] Webpanto

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 19:50:53 UTC 2004

--- scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> I receive, every day, mails like that below.
> Is there some hidden/random meaning? Or it is just
> a robot playing? A new transnational joke?
> Crosswords? Webpanto?
> s.

Some say it is spammers trying to overload spam filters. Don't
understand the point of doing this purely to spam, it has absolutely no
informational content.

Or does it? I seems to me, rather, that someone engaged in illegal
activities (drug running or other organized crime, terrorism,
espionage, etc), who is concerned that any channel of communication
they use will be monitored, communicating via code words who does not
want their recipient discovered, would use this technique, spamming
millions of people with a seemingly nonsensical message which has code
words which the true recipient knows the meaning of. Because millions
of people receive the message, the powers that be cannot discern its
true recipient.

Such a cryptographic technique is pretty well unbreakable without
having the code book.

Time to have Homeland Security Administration bust anybody travelling
with english dictionaries with arabig or other muslim-used text. Those
*could* be code books for such a technique, disguised as a dictionary.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey