[extropy-chat] Parenting: Late Talkers

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Fri Jan 23 04:21:39 UTC 2004

At 08:45 PM 1/22/2004 -0700, Alan Eliasen wrote:

>    The twin issue is interesting.  I've read about twins who come up with
>their own languages that they can understand early in life, but I can't cite
>the references right now (Oliver Sacks, I think.)

My identical twin sisters spoke their own language first and later learned
English. The rest of the family adopted some of their more decipherable
words. The most amazing aspect was when the next kid was born and they
taught it to him, too. Eventually they all switched completely over to English.

Conveniently, I was finishing a degree in linguistics while this was going on.

-- David Lubkin.