[extropy-chat] Re: STING: I've got a live one!

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jan 24 23:25:20 UTC 2004

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering at what point I should turn it over to the secret
> > service?
>
> When you have actually lost at least $5000 to the conman, because
> otherwise nobody will bother to investigate a domestic case.  And
> if he's overseas, I wish you good luck when you try to instigate
> an international investigation for anything short of murder.
>
> Check out this guy's story:
> http://www.remodern.com/caught.html

Good story. Good outcome. Shows what one persistent person can
do - at least sometimes.

I can relate to the author trying to get assistance and finding himself
adrift in oceans of fools that mostly wasted his time and money rather
than doing their job.  His persistence is pretty inspirational though.

Still a good story - thanks for posting it.

Regards,
Brett

PS: Mike - my two cents - turn what you have over to 'someone' and
at least give them the *chance* to do something with it. But its easy for
me to recommend that *you* do more still more work from *my*
seat :-)