[extropy-chat] [comp] Protect an exe?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 15:36:46 UTC 2004

--- MB <mbb386 at main.nc.us> wrote:

> Oh well - ReadOnly seemed like a good idea at the time.... although
> it
> seemed awfully easy. :)))
>
> Perhaps Joe SixPack runs .exe attachments without fear because his
> system is set to "hide known file type extensions" *and* to do
> something like "open" any attachment on download. Arrrrrrgh. So he
> has no clue what the attachment actually is or does.

The only checksum that Joe Sixpack cares about are the number of beers
in his six-pack.  (you can quote me on that!)

Set it up on your website and make people download it. Better yet, put
it on download.com and they will let people scan it for viruses before downloading.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey