[extropy-chat] PRECOG: The Smoking Gun is found..

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Thu Jan 29 08:58:51 UTC 2004

No, I don't think that he would have left office.  And I know that
getting him out of office did not justify our invasion or the huge
costs imposed on the American people for this misadventure.   If Saddam
had left I would bet dollars to donuts that Busholini would have found
another excuse to invade.

When you invade a country you can expect resistance from the people
themselves, from any friends they may have and from anyone else that
has a serious enough beef with the invaders.  Whether the rest of the
world agrees with the invasion or not does not change this appreciably.
    If your country were invaded would you give a damn how many
country's diplomats supported the invasion?  I doubt it very much.

It is never benign for one nation to be the sole superpower by
threatening to forever suppress the advancement of all other nations or
organizations of nations to any level that might be competitive.  Nor
is it benign for a superpower to do whatever the hell it wants simply
because it cannot be paused by force.

Given the facts of no WMD in Iraq invasion was wrong regardless of how
many nations did or did not agree.    So I concur that whether the
action was right or wrong is separable from whether there was a larger
consensus.

- samantha