[extropy-chat] I'm BAAAAACK -- and a word about the VP Summit

Greg Burch gregburch at gregburch.net
Thu Jan 29 14:46:04 UTC 2004

Howdy, ya'll!

I've been more or less unplugged from most of the world for two months.  At Newtonmas we had family visiting, Anthea and I have been working on FINALLY getting started on building our dream house and then I went into a full month taken up by two back-to-back trials.  But I'm now slowly getting back to my "regular" life, so I hope to try to catch up on the avalanche in my in-box and, most importantly, to focus on participating in ExI's Vital Progress Online Summit.

Natasha's done a truly superb job in organizing the Summit: She consulted with ExI's directors when we were conceiving of this event in late November and early December, but since then she's managed the implementation almost single-handedly.  She deserves a serious round of applause for her efforts to date and -- most importantly -- our solid support in making the Vital Progress Summit a success.  Please take a moment to visit the Summit introductory page:

  http://www.extropy.org/summitabout.htm

and plan on watching and participating as this important event unfolds.  We've already got a fantastic roster of keynote participants for this event, and the make-up of all the people taking part will only get better with your involvement.

Greg Burch
Vice-President, Extropy Institute
http://www.gregburch.net