[extropy-chat] RE: Near East: The mother of all crappy deals

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 20:44:08 UTC 2004

--- Dennis May <determinism at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Russell Evermore wrote:
>
> >In a so called "historic" prisoner swap brokered with Hezbollah,
> Israel is
> >freeing some 420+ live prisoners and 59 dead militants in exchange
> for the
> >release of ONE live Israeli business man and THREE dead Israeli
> soldiers?
> >
> >http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1-981934,00.html
>
> It is historic because that is the word they like to use when talking
> about anything to do with the Middle East.  It could also be that the
> reporter and editors are in their 20's and have no memory of how
> that kind of swap has happened many times for many decades.

What I find so amusing is that you never get any arabs who are insulted
that Israel values one Israeli civilian more than Arabs value 420
fellow Arabs. Given this, anybody who just says its a fight over land,
doesn't know what they are talking about.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey