[extropy-chat] VP Summit - Press Release - Comments Please!

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sat Jan 31 17:34:14 UTC 2004

One other thing I wanted to comment on:

At 06:20 PM 1/30/2004, Damien Broderick wrote:

>I suppose it's impossible or at least very hard to convince you to leave out
>cult-sounding brand-positioning phrases such as `our extropic goals'.

Why do you suppose this? Do you think we are oblivious to the perceptions
of others? Have you not noticed the evolution in language we use? (Compare
the Principles of Extropy 3.11 with the prior Extropian Principles for an
example.)  Your assumption puzzles me. Either you think us quite
unreasonable, OR you've gotten too deep into "The Ayn Rand Cult" and your
perceptions are being colored through its lens.

Suggestions for improvements are ALWAYS welcome and given genuine
consideration.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
max at maxmore.com or more at extropy.org