[extropy-chat] Farms for Bio-products.

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 4 01:46:08 UTC 2004

Here you are speaking to yesterday's farmer and today's aspiring Pharmer.

Bioproducts can range from direct extraction of oils, starches, proteins,
selective mechanical or chemical fractionation, fibres and novel bioproducts
such as bio-cosmeceuticals, nutraceuticals or biopharmaceuticals.
Secondary processing into biofuels, ethanol, methanol or fermentation
co-products
are all or will soon be a mainstream part of farming.  These can be reformed
into hydrogen fromn regional tertiary processing sites.  (This is
Saskatchewan's actual goal).
The tertiary processing to produce more exotic co-products such as nanotubes
or DNA, RNAi fragments or buckyballs is also an exciting prospect.
Just like the fun kids have looking at the honeycombs of wasp nests we may
soon do nano-bio-tech building blocks as bio-co-products.

So unlike a previous thread heralding the end of agriculture, I see
agriculture blossoming into
a myriad of new bio-based products.

You are talking the the guy with the strange idea the from a core business of
custom grown/processed hemp and marijuanas with  compounded co-product
additions  such as berberine from barberry ,  gotu kola bioproducts, mushroom
extracts one can build a
plant-based natural-health bio-product biopharmaceutical enterprise.

As well, this may begin a reversal of the depopulation of the rural areas as
intensive processing is equally easy to do in rural as in urban technology
micro-clusters.

Now for a bit of self agrandisement....................
            Re: Draft: Custom Compounded Natural Health Bio-Product market
            Development.