[extropy-chat] An Open Letter to the Scientific Community.

David deimtee at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 7 00:50:16 UTC 2004

Everitt Mickey wrote:

<snip>

> I personally never heard of none of them guys.....probably a bunch of
> cranks....as are the institutions they represent...why...not a single
> truck drivers school amongst the lot.....

 > Thomas Gold, Cornell University (emeritus) (USA)

You probably should have heard of this one.
He also had some rather unconventional theories about so-called "fossil
fuels". (He claimed, and presented a fair bit of evidence, that
petroleum deposits were actually primordial rather than fossil.)
He also died recently - 22 June 2004.

> We probably ought to dismiss what they say entirely....after all
> everyone KNOWS the "Big Bang" can't be wrong..
>

> EvMick
> (sitting in south Georgia...waiting on a load Tuesday....bored to
> tears.....I HATE Holidays)

Well, it's Tuesday now :)

-David