[extropy-chat] Politics: US talks of suspending elections

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 21:45:55 UTC 2004

--- Gregory Propf <gpropf1 at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
> >
> >Somewhat, but no less than previous administrations. Bush, for
> >instance, does recognise my 2nd amendment rights as individual
> rights,
> >not community or states rights. He recognises the distinction
> between
> >legal and illegal combatants,
> >
> It's going to be really funny (to me) when Homeland security declares
> all the freestaters to be "enemy combatants"

It will be funny, for about five seconds. Then I'll have to admit to
all the Birchers whose conspiracy theories about bankers, lawyers, the
ultra-rich, and communism, I disparage so much, that they were right...

> >Profiling for terrorists is not racial profiling, it is terrorist
> >profiling. 70 year old grannies, white males in suits, soccer moms
> with
> >kids in the minivan are not in the profile.
> >
> >FYI: The Democrats invented 'racial' profiling. Hallowed liberal,
> >Robert Kennedy, as US Attorny General under his brother, in
> >investigating KKK anti-civil rights activities, ordered police and
> >national guard units across the South to profile white males at
> highway
> >roadblocks and other locations, on the logic that women and blacks
> and
> >other minorities could not belong to the KKK.... why was it okay
> then?
> >
> This is a red herring.

On the contrary, the other significant instance of racial profiling in
20th century US was, of course, the Japanese internment during WWII
under the direction of the Democrat, FDR.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)