[extropy-chat] Politics: US talks of suspending elections

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 14:02:52 UTC 2004

--- Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:
> Samantha:
> >I am surprised this topic hasn't already come up here.   The US
> press
> >is full of stories about possibly suspending US presidential
> elections
> >if there is significant terrorism.
>
> This particular news was on the Italian radio this morning. The
> reaction from my immediate environment is that of sadness, words of
> 'looks like a dictatorship' and so on. The people around me also
> asked
> questions about what is the true lifetime of a democracy, because it
> looks like an incredibly fragile thing now, with the US has having
> had
> demonstrated the longest democratic life.
>
> Since I am still hoping to vote in the US elections from here, I have
> a political question for you US citizens, who have more information
> regarding Kerry. Does Kerry's policies look like he will continue the
> Bush 'War on Terrorism fear-amplification machine'? (I think you know
> what I mean).

No, he'll do some post-Vietnamesque pullouts, make some Carter-esque
apologies to the muslim people, American morale will hit the skids, at
which point the bedouin psyche will declare victory at hand and attacks
upon the US inside our borders will escalate. In response, Kerry will
try to confiscate all private firearms and civil war will erupt.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)