[extropy-chat] Re: Politics: US talks of suspending elections

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 14:54:35 UTC 2004

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at harveynewstrom.com> wrote:
> Brian Lee writes:
>
> > The problem is that hate is not a motivator to go out and vote.
>
> I thought that hate was the best motivator for voting, and that was
> why politicians prefer attack ads to issue ads.

Attack ads don't stew hate, they stew doubt. While lots of repubs hated
Clinton with a passion, Clinton's campaign portrayed Dole to
independents as a mean and bitter man. Attack ads don't play to party
extremes, they play to the undecided independents, building doubts
about the candidate they are attacking.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development