[extropy-chat] Books in the Bath

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 03:23:07 UTC 2004

Showers are for getting clean (mostly.) Baths are for relaxing and
contemplating the world.
I shower every day (Gross waste of resources, but I'm a creature of
habit.) My shower
stall has a steam-bath system, which is a ridiculous extravagance. I
love it. My wife tells
me that I talk to myself and plan the day. I cannot refute this.

Baths are for contemplation. My wife starts the day with a bath in the
big tub. She usually
reads.

I don't do baths. I'll occasionally bathe to relax in the winter. I
shower first to get clean, and
and then get in the big tub with a book and a drink. ( and sometimes
with my wife.)

In summer, I usually get into the outside spa in the evening. I'm too
lazy to swim in the pool.
Other family members swim, and then get in the spa. I think deep
philosophical thoughts, which
I usually ( but not always) forget by the time I go back to my computer.
If I had a waterproof
computer, I might capture these wonderful insights. More likely, the
computer would distract
me and spoil the experience.