[extropy-chat] spam & spelling?

paul.bridger paul.bridger at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 25 22:21:01 UTC 2004

Good idea. To a certain, though, Bayesian filters currently do this.

Since no legitimate email would spell the names of drugs with numbers and
punctuation embedded, these misspelled words will become indicators of spam
(as you train the filter). Of course, spammers are very creative mis-spellers
and can also mess with the filter by delineating words differently (v-1-ag-ra
..real..ch34p anyone?).