[extropy-chat] Eugen Leitl on Singularity strategy

Michael Anissimov michael at acceleratingfuture.com
Wed Jun 2 15:41:29 UTC 2004

Eugen Leitl wrote:

>If you want to stick to security metaphors, fighting a worm with a
>counterworm is a classical-textbook Bad Idea. A better approach would be to
>build a worm-proof environment.

Doesn't this entail massive global restrictions on human intelligence
enhancement, computing power, brain-computer interfaces, cognitive
science, etc?  Doesn't it sacrifice faster-than-human intelligence of
any sort as well?  The only way to reliably prevent smartness-based
autofeedback is to enforce tremendous constraints upon humanity.

--
Michael Anissimov                           http://www.singinst.org/
Advocacy Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

--
Subscribe to our free eBulletin for research and community news:
http://www.singinst.org/news/subscribe.html