[extropy-chat] Kass vs. Blackburn

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 01:12:02 UTC 2004

I was bored at work today so I decided to look up and
compare the CVs of Leon Kass and Elizabeth Blackburn
to see how much and what they publish. They are
available at the following URLs:

http://olincenter.uchicago.edu/kass_cv.html

http://biochemistry.ucsf.edu/%7Eblackburn/pub_list.html

The results?

Leon Kass- 8 scientific research publications all
before 1970, 88 conservative propaganda, 96 total.

Elizabeth Blackburn- 109 original research
publications, 47 scientific reviews, 156 total w/ zero
propaganda.

IMHO Leon Kass should stop trying to give people the
impression that he is a scientist. The last time he
did science was before the first gene was cloned in
1972.

=====
The Avantguardian

"He stands like some sort of pagan god or deposed tyrant. Staring out over the city he's sworn to . . .to stare out over and it's evident just by looking at him that he's got some pretty heavy things on his mind."