[extropy-chat] Re: Latin temperaments

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Jun 11 11:48:53 UTC 2004

If that behavior is not a behavior observed, then maybe it is wise
to take notice of that and alter one's preconceived notions. If that
behavior is a behavior observed, then it is not a stereotype, it is
an observation of an individual.

I was thinking about this alot last year when I was publically raked
over the coals by a group for promoting a particular stereotype (not
the latin thing, something else). Not only is such an action not my
way, but I never had heard of the stereotype that I was accused of
promoting. But no amount of explaining helped to convince them of
that.

I suggest that if a group or some people in that group hold buttons
about a stereotype, then it's their trap that limits them, not your
trap.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/