[extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 14 03:53:12 UTC 2004

> Harvey Newstrom
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] cryonics = poseidon adventure
>

> On Sunday, June 13, 2004, at 10:21 pm, Gregory Propf wrote:
> >  ..."You're too thin", "you look bony", "you're wasting
> > away", etc... Yeah, but I bet I could bench press most of them.
>
> Same as me.  I now am much healthier, lower cholesterol, more energy,
> never sick.  But my relatives nag me that I'm too thin...
> Harvey Newstrom

I've been getting that since... well, since always.  I've
always been a bony ass.  My relatives all think I must be
unhealthy, but after all the lip flapping comes to an end,
not one of them will take me on in any footrace or any
actual contest of strength/weight ratio, such as pull-ups,
push ups, rope climbing, even those 20 yrs my junior, the
cowardly flabmeisters.

Actually the popular press has come to my rescue to some
extent: there has been a loooot of ink spilled about how
CR is good for one's health.  When they read that news in
the mainstream press, they realize that of all the family
members, it is bony old Greg (spike = Greg) who is still
climbing, hiking, running, non-diabetic, non-getting-sick,
still doing just as much of all the stuff at 43 that I
enjoyed at 17, with the cheerful addition of sex.