[extropy-chat] the (scary) future of pro-deathbioethicsandlegislation

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Wed Jun 16 17:26:16 UTC 2004

Brett,

Re:

> Why don't you verify *before* you assert what you "be-lie-ve"
> yet again Robert?

I have quickly reread, the IMF report on Japan (which was a source I
cited in my Genome Sequencing Priorities paper...):

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2001/03/muhleise.htm

I will stick by my "belief" that the Japanese are adjusting things.
See the paragraph that begins with: "The government has taken some
steps to prepare for the demographic change."  However the paper
is 3 years old and I do not understand the structure of the Japanese
economic & political systems to know for certain whether previously
proposed/enacted changes may still be valid.

There are situations where it might take days of reading, phone calls,
trips to the library, etc. to really "verify" something.  In such
situations it seems best (to me) to make qualified assertions.

I wish that I could make guaranteed to be accurate statements all
of the time but I suspect that is a pipe dream.

Robert