[extropy-chat] Three-quarters of N. American's support stem cell research

Gregory Propf gpropf1 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jun 19 18:34:36 UTC 2004

devon fowler wrote:

>Thanks for the article!  I hope this little
>conservative half wit loses to the progress of real
>science.  It's funny that it takes the former first
>lady of a conservative to get the ignorant American
>public to wake up to embryonic stem cell research.

It makes me angry that the only way to advance science in this country
is to wed it to the schmaltz and emotionalism surrounding the death of a
president.  We can't seem to do anything in this country unless we get
people worked into some sort of emotional frenzy.  This doesn't bode
well for the future to say the least.