[extropy-chat] gmail invitations

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jun 20 19:01:45 UTC 2004

On Sun Jun 20 10:15:33 MDT 2004 Mike Lorrey wrote:
> Gawd, that's like saying "Hey, I've got some spare syphylis I'm not
> using, anybody want some?"

The main advantage of gmail (or any webmail) for me is that it means
that whatever the operating system or pc I am running, I can still get
my email. It would also be an advantage for people who travel a lot. The
problem with other webmail systems up to now is that they don't give you
enough disk space, so your webmail storage rapidly fills up.
Gmail's 1 gig should solve that problem.

If you are worried about privacy, then just don't use your gmail address
for your top secret world domination plans. If it was really important
it would be encrypted anyway.

The good news is that google are issuing a lot more gmail invitations
now, - as witnessed by the drop in Ebay prices for them. ;)

BillK