[extropy-chat] gmail invitations

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Jun 21 20:36:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 03:21:57PM -0500, Kevin Freels wrote:

> Nope. I'd like one for, but I may have to resort to purchasing an invitation
> on ebay.

Make sure you don't use your hotmail address for that. I send you one, but

	http://slashdot.org/articles/04/06/21/1150236.shtml?tid=126&tid=217&tid=95

Say thanks to Microsoft for that.

Hotmail Blocks Gmail Emails (and Invites)

Posted by Hemos on Monday June 21, @09:19AM
from the intereting-tests dept.
bonhomme_de_neige writes "Emails and invitations sent to Hotmail from Gmail
accounts do not bounce, but nor do they arrive in the recipient's Inbox -
they vanish mysteriously into the aether. Joel Johnson writes in his Gizmodo
weblog that invitations he sent to a Hotmail address bounced (this even
received coverage from ZDNet). Search Engine Roundtable writes that several
ISPs are blocking Gmail. It's already well-documented that Yahoo moves Gmail
invites into the Bulk Mail folder. I've personally confirmed the Hotmail and
Yahoo blocking." Please note: I've not been able to verify this one way or
another.