[extropy-chat] Myostatin effecting humans same as animals (AP News, via MSN, 5 year old boy)

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Jun 24 13:55:11 UTC 2004

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5278028/

This is a link to an msn story taken from AP about a German boy who has
developed twice the muscle mass for his age and half the body fat of
his peers.

Apparently the first documented case of Myostatin having an equal
effect on humans as it does on animals, I personally wonder what else
it may effect developmentally given the important role fat plays in
early brain and NS development.

Anyone with fresh dietary/capita data for Germany out there? Other
causal information/features?

The child is being dubbed a "super-baby" and "muscle man" toddler by
the press.

To better serve your meme-palette, here is a savory buffet of the
article data:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&scoring=d&ie=ISO-8859
-1&q=myostatin

My guess is this will be the parity of other neurological trends such
as Multiple Sclerosis, Migraines and other issues that are our current
evolutionary snapshots.

Bret Kulakovich