Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Nanotech educations

Ben Cunningham benboc at lineone.net
Thu Jun 24 19:14:53 UTC 2004

Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

> I could see an approach where we get a grant from one or more
Foresight SAs to purchase the textbooks and hand them out
to the students as they enter such classes.  Its kind of
hard for professors to ignore texts that everyone in the
class got for free...

Hmm. Maybe this would be a little provocative?
I can imagine the reaction of some professors to this.

It sounds a bit like handing out a free copy of the book of mormon to
everybody going into a church. You'd have to pick your churches very
carefully to avoid pissing off a lot of priests.

ben