[extropy-chat] POLITICS: terrorism and strategies

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Jun 25 14:51:54 UTC 2004

At 10:20 PM 6/24/04 -0700, Reason wrote:

>My 2c addition to this thread is to point out that the only moral way
>forward is the libertarian one: to lead by example in the company of those
>who want to help. You don't win friends and help to make a better world by
>threatening and demonstrating that you can tear things down (literally or
>figuratively). To make a better world, you get on with building: those who
>want to build - the vast majority of humanity - will join you. Those who
>don't wish to build are marginalized in every possible way by this strategy.

"only only moral way forward is the libertarian one..."  For goodness
sakes, this is another slam-dunk "I'm right and you are wrong." sensibility
that aggravates people.

A hell of a lot of people share this world view.  I dare say that they are
not libertarian.  So then, if you claim that libertarians, and not other
political dogmas, claim this world view, isn't that hypocritical and stated
to say "I'm better than you" ?

Natasha