[extropy-chat] Open and hidden fascism in Exi forum

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 18:07:12 UTC 2004

> Technotranscendence
>
> Hubert Mania humania at t-online.de wrote:
> > Congratulations, Extropians. You have
> > just won a new enemy. His name is:
> >
> > Hubert Mania

If I read carefully between the lines, I might conclude
that Hubert Mania is mildly annoyed with us.

> It's astounding to see you lumping all Extropians together because of
> what Robert Bradbury says (and doesn't do)... Dan

Ja, I didn't see anyone post anything indicating
agreement with Robert's post.  Silence is not to be
confused with tacit assent.

We went thru something like this a couple years ago
in this forum when someone suggested it should be legal
slay one's own children up until some age, perhaps 5 or 10
years.  Most of us dismissed the notion with the customary
roll of the eyeballs, far too silly to answer.  But I recall
someone getting upset that we seemed to buy the idea.
Not.