[extropy-chat] drugged athletes

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 21:52:02 UTC 2004

I see where this local company is under fire for giving
steroids to athletes.  The article comments that every
time an athlete is found positive for steroids, we lose
another role model.  I figure we need to adjust our notions
of role model.  Think about it: an athlete is merely some
yahoo that can run fast or swat a baseball; big deal!  We
need role models that actually *enhance* human performance,
that develop medications that can help everyone!  Then
every time an athlete is found positive for steroids, we
gain a new role model: whoever discovered the right combinations
of medications and supplements to make them go faster.