[extropy-chat] Any transhumanists in AR?

Dustin Wish with INDCO Networks dwish at indco.net
Fri Jun 18 18:16:47 UTC 2004

OK,

You might be a redneck cyberbilly if:

1) You use cloning to reproduce your favorite coon hunting dog.

2) You use nanotechnology to "upgrade" yur still's whiskey.

3) If you create a nanobot to self assemble trailer parks

4) If you believe the CDROM in your PC has a duel use as a cup holder.

And last but not least:

The top reason you may be a redneck cyberbilly,

5) You think cloning is making it with your sister.

OK...laughing now. Michael it is very nice to talk with. I was hoping to
start working towards a conference type meeting in Arkansas for AI,
Robotics, and transhumanist topics. UA in Fayetteville does have an AI
division within their CompSci dept which I was hoping to get a few speakers
from. I live in Batesville currently, but would like to contact others
within my home state here to broaden communication and efforts to advance
transhumanist ideas and maybe gain a few speaker contacts.

I know others in the world make fun of the rural Americans such as those in
Arkansas, but they are really the ones that need the education and
understanding on topics we discuss in online forums such as this one. In a
free market all is fair to battle. Rural farmers know this well. In a global
economic model those with an advantage use it. Catfish farmers in Arkansas
have been screaming about the Vietnamese dumping their fish on the open
market cheaper than the US raised fish. To compete against the bottom dollar
prices fish farmers should be looking into genetically modifying the fish
varieties they stock to produce larger and disease resistant fish stocks
that can reproduce and live in smaller ponds.

I am sure Tyson Foods is looking to genetics to produce better chickens as
the largest producer of poultry in the world (an Arkansas company) and how
Walmart the largest retailer in the world (an Arkansas company) can benefit
from this new technology we push to develop. AI data mining technology could
aid Walmart in inventory management and purchase habit understanding.

To close I believe people in the rural markets need the education the most
so no one gets left behind as we move forward. Education is what the slave
owners in the South used to keep the slaves controlled. But as a
worker/slave in the IT field in Arkansas it seems an educated slave has to
work harder than an uneducated one...lol.

Dustin Wish
System Engineer & Programmer
INDCO Networks
Pres. OSSRI
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead
 where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)