[extropy-chat] Books want to be free

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 2 02:55:28 UTC 2004

< http://bookcrossing.com/ >

"You've come to a friendly place, and we welcome you to our book-lovers'
community. What is BookCrossing, you ask? It's a global book club that
crosses time and space. It's a reading group that knows no geographical
boundaries. Do you like free books? How about free book clubs?. Well,
the books our members leave in the wild are free... but it's the act
of freeing books that points to the heart of BookCrossing. Book trading
has never been more exciting, more serendipitous, than with BookCrossing.
Our goal, simply, is to make the whole world a library. BookCrossing is
a book exchange of infinite proportion, the first and only of its kind."

"Here at BookCrossing.com you'll find tens of thousands of book reviews,
book ratings, and book recommendations, because each time a book changes
hands our members can leave journal entries telling the world of their
experiences."

"But let's get right down to it. You know the feeling you get after reading
a book that speaks to you, that touches your life, a feeling that you want
to share it with someone else? BookCrossing.com gives you a simple way to
share books with the world, and follow their paths forevermore! "

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program