[extropy-chat] Futurist priorities was ex-tropical

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal at smigrodzki.org
Wed Mar 3 02:13:17 UTC 2004

The Avantguardian wrote:

I am willing to bet the ideal
> state is economically somewhere Right of China and
> Left of the USA, in that grey area between capitalism
> and communism.

### Ah, something like Germany? France? :-)

-----------------------------------
>      The real problem facing our country is that we
> give companies (not individuals) way too much freedom.
> Special interest controlled politicians are taking
> away individual liberties and yet giving corporations
> rights that put them above the law.

### You sound like somebody who never ran a business.

---------------------------

 We see this with
> the export of manufacturing jobs out of the country to
> take advantage of looser pollution laws and cheaper
> labor. Because of this, America is becoming a service
> economy- a country composed of servants- a nation of
> burger-flippers and waitresses.

### Ah, so you are a protectionist, too.

> well ok, I realized after the fact that the rhetoric
> sounds communist, but my ideas are not. It's funny how
> if you aren't all for the wanton rape of the world by
> greedy businessmen, you are labeled a communist.

### Yes, your ideas are taken straight out of a communist manifesto. Greedy
businessmen wantonly raping the world....

Rafal